Saturday, July 26, 2008

More Lows

Well Im not sure if Kacey's meds need to be adjusted or not...but shes had 2 lows today ... both 69 (breakfast & lunch). Today was the first day I left her since being diagnosed and it was like leaving my "newborn". I had to take the car to have the oil changed and I was going to let Frankie take care of it all but Kacey threw a fit because she wanted me to be the one to give her the shot. So I got her up early and gave her breakfast and then gave her the shot and left. I was only gone about 2 hours but it felt like Id been gone all day! Frankie rechecked her sugar while I was gone and she went from 69 to 282 ... yikes! Thats what 1/2 cup of regular soda will do to her!! I cant imagine what a whole bottle would do...scary! So at lunchtime she was 69 again and she ate and came up to 101. We had our first dealing with eating out and trying to figure out carbs. We were at Caitlins wedding and she just bottomed out and was exhausted and we had to leave early :( I guess I have to get used to leaving things early because she doesnt feel well. The rest of the day was uneventful. She ended up just laying around and watching TV.

No comments: